Monday, March 21, 2011Nuestro Orgullo Award Nominees!
Posted by: Project Specialist on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 9:36:04 am
The award nominees have been decided!
Congratulations to our Latino Professionals, Rising Stars and Businesses for being a part of making a difference in Buffalo. We hope you find this a commendable opportunity for the community to acknowledge your hard work and efforts in making this a more successful city.
Come be a part of the Nuestro Orgullo Latino Luncheon and celebrate the amazing works done by these great people!
- Ana Brignoni-Waliczek - 8th Judicial District
- Awilda Ramos-Zagarrigo - Buffalo State College (Bilingual Exceptional Education)
- Darlene Mercado - University of Buffalo (EOP Program)
- Enid Mejica-McGinnis - Coordinator of Parent Education
- Kelly Hernandez - Department of Labor
- Linda Mercado - LP Ciminelli
- Mario Hernandez - Civil Liberties
- Orlando Perez - SkyView Learning
- Perla Gonzalez - Proprietor McDonald's Franchise
- Sergio Rodriguez - Medaille College
- Felipe Branford
- Jazmin Vidal
- Michael Olivencia
- Yetsira Carrillo
- Capital Management Services L.P.
- Eve Berry & Partners, LLC
For more information about the Nuestro Orgullo Latino Luncheon, visit our events calendar
Wednesday, March 2, 2011Show Your Support While Shopping Online!
Posted by: Project Specialist on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 9:53:36 pm
Show your support for HISPANICS UNITED
while you save money and earn cash back!
HISPANICS UNITED is participating in an exciting new fundraising program. The company now has its own website featuring thousands of partner stores like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Apple, The Home Depot and many more. When you make a purchase on WWW.MARKETAMERICA.COM/HISPANICSUNITED, HISPANICS UNITED receives royalties and you earn up to 35% cash back on qualified purchases.
The benefits don't stop there. You earn 0.5% cash back on the purchases of everyone you refer to our website. Now, you can take advantage of the ease and convenience of Internet shopping to buy the products and services you want, while feeling good about helping one of your favorite organizations.
Our new fundraising website has a variety of benefits.
- Check out the Hot Deals page to get access to coupons and exclusive deals to help you save even more.
- Go to the Partner Stores page to find specific stores that you'd like to shop from.
- Use the Search feature at the top of the page to search over 35 million different products and services for things you're looking for.
- Discover unique products and services like GENE SNPTM DNA Analysis, Isotonix line of high quality nutritional supplements, Cellular Laboratories luxurious skin care line, TransitionsTM Life Style System for weight management, and many more.
- Find the perfect gift in our Gift Ideas area.
Getting Started is Easy!
1.) Visit our website at WWW.MARKETAMERICA.COM/HISPANICSUNITED
2.) Register as a Preferred Customer
- Click "Sign in" in the upper right hand corner
- Select the "No I am a new customer" option
- Follow the prompts
- You are now eligible to earn up to 35% on qualified purchases
3.) Go Shopping
- Use the search box at the top of the screen to find a specific item or type of product you're looking for
- Use Shop Partners to find a specific partner like Target or Walmart
- Use "Shop All Departments" to shop via category
- Use Hot Deals to find special deals and coupons to save even more money
- Look for the icon to find out exactly how much cash back you'll earn from purchases made from that store or on a particular product
Friday, February 25, 2011Case Manager Makes New CD to Support the Organization
Posted by: Project Specialist on Friday, February 25, 2011 at 9:32:22 am
Giving Back to the Homeless and Domestic Violence Victims
Expected CD Release Date: Summer, 2011
Cover Song: "These Hands"
Producers of Title Track Song "These Hands": Eric Cruz and Jose Montalvo
Studio Producers: Philip Borden "Philosophy" and David Johnson "Potential"
Housing Case Manager Susan Santiago is using her talents to help serve domestic violence victims and the homeless.
A native of Buffalo, Susan was born into a family with a wealth of musical talent. She has taken full advantage of that influence to propel her musical career. With extensive experience in freestyle, Latin, gospel, and several other styles of music, she uses her extraordinary voice to speak straight to the soul. (www.genecticmusicgroup.com)
Genectic Music Group is a production company that has been located in Buffalo, NY for almost five years. With a passion to create beats, the production team is working alongside Susan to develop this eye-opening CD.
"They flee and start with nothing. No furniture, clothing or food. Our idea is to prepare a basket for them and help them start over again...but we need to find funding for this..." - Susan Santiago
Susan is currently working on her 3rd album that will be dedicated to helping purchase furniture, bus tokens and start-up care packages. For more information about Susan and her journey visit her on facebook!
Lyrics from "These Hands"
By: Susan Santiago
The life they are living is so hard to imagine
So many homeless in this world
Live in poverty
They're losing hope to live the American Dream
and pray someone will hear their cries
Just saying "I'll help you" is only the beginning
The time is really what we should be giving
It's in the action in that four letter word
That comes alive in that we do
These hands you have given me
They are reaching our to the lost and the lonely
As i life my voice and give you praise
I can feel power of your love and amazing grace
With these hands...
Snippets from the Album...